My old laptop which most of the time was connected to the TV and used for watching streams died. I decided not to buy a new one and connect my Mac Mini with Yosemite OS X instead. Unfortunately, there is no native Acestream app for Mac. Quick check – will Wine work? Google says: yes.
Here is my quick tutorial how to install Acestram on Yosemite OS X.
- Install XQuartz – log out and log in may be necessary
- Install Wine
- Download Acestream installer for Windows from the offiical Website
- Run Wine
- Go to the downloaded file directory, run the installer and follow the instructions
cd Downloads wine Ace_Stream_Media_22.214.171.124.exe
- Run another Wine instance and go to Acestream player location. In my case it was:
cd /Users/paweldubinski/.wine/drive_c/users/paweldubinski/Application Data/ACEStream/player
- Run the player:
If your stream buffers but you have no visuals (sound only), you have to change the video output module:
- Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Video
- Change default video output to “OpenGL video output” (or similar)
- Restart the Acestream